Re: [S-R] Duran Family

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 3, 2004
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Duran, Jen" <jen.duran@n...>
      wrote:
      > Hi Caye,
      >
      > Thanks for your help!! I believe that they were church going
      people. I'm
      > not sure where they went to church though. I know they were married
      in a
      > Lutheran Church in Vazec, Slovakia.
      >
      > Jen

      Jen,

      Vaz^ec (Sk) formerly called Vasecz/Vázsecz (H) and Waschec (G) is
      located 145 miles ENE of Bratislava and between Liptovsky' Hrádok and
      Poprad.
      2 churches.
      The Slovakia telephone directory lists 2 surnames Duran and 5 surnames
      Chovan under Vaz^ec.

      In 1912 a Mihály (H) Michal (Sk) Michael (E) Duran , age 18, Slovak,
      had emigrated from Vazsecz Lipto megye (county) Hungary to address of
      his brother-in-law in Minneapolis MN.
      Michael's closest relative was his father János (H) Jan (Sk) John
      Duran in Vazsecz.

      The LDS-Mormons has filmed all the parish church records at six
      of the seven regional Slovak State Archives in Slovakia.

      Family History Center (FHC) worldwide.

      LDS - Mormon FHCs - LOCATIONS

      Hungarian English
      rk.-RK. római katholikus Roman Catholic
      ag. AG. ágostai Evangelical (Lutheran)
      izr. IZR. izraelita Israelite (Jewish)

      In Slovak the matriky (parish church records)
      Krstení = Baptisms (Christenings)
      Sobás^ení = Marriages
      Zomrelí = Deaths

      In Hungarian the matriky are titled anyakönyvek.

      Halottak Anyakönyve = Death Records

      In Latin the matriky are titled matricula.
      Matricula Baptisatorum = Baptism Records
      Matricula Copulatorum = Marriage Records
      Matricula Defunctorum = Death Records

      Church Record Translations

      http://www.bmi.net/jjaso//

      The LDS-Mormons have filmed the Lutheran parish church records
      (1783-1923) for Vazsecz Lipto megye (county), Hungary now Vaz^ec,
      Slovakia.
      Text in Latin, Hungarian, and Slovak.

      film #
      2062276
      2062277
      2062278

      Frank K

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129v6l38h/M=298184.5285298.6392945.300117
      6/D=gr

      oups/S=1705040837:HM/EXP=1094240503/A=2319498/R=0/SIG=11thfntfp/*http:
      //www.
      > netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185352&partid=5285298> click here

      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=gro
      ups/S=
      > :HM/A=2319498/rand=537839057>
      >

      > _____