Re: Books - II

  • Ron Matviyak
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2000
      Maura and All,

      The second book I recommend I just picked up in Barnes and Noble
      yesterday, in the bargain book section for $19.95. At least go to look
      at it and page through to see if it interests you!

      This book is a big one, coffee table sized with high quality pictures
      and short and well written text in English, German and French. It is
      (mis)titled "Praha - Prag - Prague" by Jan Kaplan & Krystyna
      Nosarzewska. The book covers Czechoslovakia from the Hapsburg empire
      before WW I through the infant democracies that the Czech and Slovak
      republic enjoy today. The book covers all of Czechoslovakia and is not
      restricted to Prague.

      I recommend that you all take a look at this book. The pictures and
      text convey a whole culture I haven't seen so well and completely
      assembled before.

      Ron