Czech & Slovak Research

  • John Q Adam
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2004
      From EI, for Drabalak, you also have the village of birth, which I
      make out to be Prusselowitz, Moravia, and the number 7-203352 dated 2-14-42.

      At this point, I would post on the Delphi board and await a lengthy reply
      from Naartjie. http://forums.delphiforums.com/iarelative/messages

      The short answer is that you will need to hire a genealogist to do research
      in Czech Republic archives. Their church records are NOT
      available elsewhere.

      Buczek does not show up in Slovak phone listings. If we try Buc'ek(ova), we
      have 262 listings in the phone book. You will need to narrow it down. Phone
      book is at http://www.zoznamst.sk/eng/index.html

      Use area code 0 to search the whole country. Ignore the accent on "c".

      The name does appear in Ellis Island listings. Without a specific village
      name or region, we are stuck. Even if you sort the Slovak Buceks by region,
      you will still have too many choices.

      . . . over to other bright minds.