Kosticak (Kastuszek,Kosticek,Kostishak, and other spellings) Family

  • John Vamos
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2004
      I am looking for information about my great-grandfather George Kosticak( or similar spellings) who emigrated to the US in 1880 and lived in the Pittsburgh, PA and Homestead, PA areas. A marriage certificate from 1881 indicates that he was from Dumna, Galicia. I have searched ShtetlSeeker and have not found that spelling: there are many towns with variations of the spelling (Domonya, Domenya, Domanya) some in Hungary and some in what is probaly the Ukraine. From what little I know about Galicia, I think that the western part was largely Polish Catholic. The 1881 marriage certificate was from St Stanislaus Kosta church which was a Polish church. Family oral history suggests that George may have been "Russian". I would appreciate any insight into the present day location of "Dumna" Galicia.

      Thanks.

      John Vamos