A Website You May Want To Look At

  • billsetnor
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2004
      Recently, I came across this webiste
      http://www.virtualtourist.com

      It's made up of reports and pictures from people all over the
      world, concerning the places they've travelled to.

      In this site, I found a lady from the Netherlands who's been
      running trucks of humanitarian goods to an orphanage and hospital in
      the Uzhgorod, Ukraine area. Since my father's parents came from
      villages close by, I sent her an e-mail, and she will be checking
      with her friends there to see if a genealogy researcher in Uzhgorod
      can be found.

      This lady also has posted a number of photographs of that area.
      So, depending on which Slovak community you're interested in, you may
      find someone who has travelled or has contacts there.

      Hope this helps.

      Bill Setnor
      San Jose, California