[S-R] Antolik family of Spisske Podhradie

  • James McGrath
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 24, 2004
      Hi! My great-grandfather and his father were from
      Spisske Podhradie (formerly Kirchdrauf or Kolbach,
      also called Szepesvaralja). The family name is
      Antolik. Someone whose parents are from that town
      informed me that there are still Antoliks living
      there. I figure that before I start digging into
      archives and church records, it might make sense to
      ask living relatives in that town whether they have
      preserved family tree information.

      The two main questions I have are whether anyone knows
      if it would be appropriate in Slovak culture to simply
      write to 'long lots relatives' out of the blue like
      that. The other question is whether anyone knows of a
      searchable Slovak phonebook online, or other ways of
      accessing names and addresses in Slovakia. Any help
      with these matters, or any other information anyone
      might have about the Antoliks of Spisske Podhradie,
      would be most welcome.

      Thank you in advance for your help!

      James McGrath

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 24, 2004
        You might find relatives in Slovakia who have a telephone by looking
        them up in the phone book white pages at
        http://www.zoznamst.sk/eng/index.html using (at least) the first
        three letters of the family name and the area code 053.

        Ivan Antolik
        Májová 717
        053 04 Spisske Podhradie
        Slovakia