Re: Looking for surname help

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21, 2004
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, MEMcDTT@a... wrote:
      > In a message dated 8/21/2004 8:08:32 AM, frankur@w... writes:
      > << There is some conflicting information about your surnames out in
      > cyberspace. >>
      >
      > Frank,
      > What site do you use to get the info on surnames?
      > Knowing some of the different sites might help us all!
      > Thanks,
      > Mike in San Jose, CA

      Mike

      Many web sites such as Slovak-Roots use public archives so you don't
      need a User ID or PW to read the messages posted.
      And rootsweb.com sites also archive messages posted.
      You can also access genealogy.com and ancestry.com posted messages
      etc.

      Once had 2500+ messages out in cyberspace but I cut back on posting
      personal information at various genealogy web sites.

      Just enter surnames (your own or names and places that you are
      researching) in a good search engine such as Google.com.

      For example,

      http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=Frank+Kurchina&btnG
      =Google+Search

      Frank K