Re: Looking for some help

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 21, 2004
      David

      There is some conflicting information about your surnames out in
      cyberspace.

      You state Steve Kondrc was born about 1881 in Brestovany which is
      located just east of Trnava in western Slovakia.
      The Slovakia telephone directry lists several surnames Kondrc under
      Trnava.
      Name might also have been spelled Kondrk.

      Another researcher states Stephen Kondrc was born in Presport CZ on
      November 26, 1881.
      Pressburg was the German name for Bratislava the capital of Slovakia.

      You state Anna Benjak was born in Lesjkove , Czechoslovakia about
      1890.

      Other researcher states Anna Benjak was in Lis^ice (of which there are
      threelocated in the Czech Republic) on February 13, 1890.
      Her father was Paul Benjak and mother Maria Lisciski.

      You state Steve married Anna in 1907 in PA.

      Other researcher states Stephen married a Anna Louise Benjak in PA.
      Their son Francis Sylvester Kondrac was born in Charleroi, PA April
      18, 1919.

      SSDI lists 2 surnames Kondrc.
      Anna Kondrc (1890-1980) Last Residence Kittanning PA
      Frank S. Kondrc (1919-1988) Last Residence Bergenfield NJ.

      (Stephen Kondrc (1881-1958) Last Residence Bergenfield NJ)

      Frank K
    • James McGrath
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 24, 2004
        Hi! My great-grandfather and his father were from
        Spisske Podhradie (formerly Kirchdrauf or Kolbach,
        also called Szepesvaralja). The family name is
        Antolik. Someone whose parents are from that town
        informed me that there are still Antoliks living
        there. I figure that before I start digging into
        archives and church records, it might make sense to
        ask living relatives in that town whether they have
        preserved family tree information.

        The two main questions I have are whether anyone knows
        if it would be appropriate in Slovak culture to simply
        write to 'long lots relatives' out of the blue like
        that. The other question is whether anyone knows of a
        searchable Slovak phonebook online, or other ways of
        accessing names and addresses in Slovakia. Any help
        with these matters, or any other information anyone
        might have about the Antoliks of Spisske Podhradie,
        would be most welcome.

        Thank you in advance for your help!

        James McGrath

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • johnqadam
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 24, 2004
          You might find relatives in Slovakia who have a telephone by looking
          them up in the phone book white pages at
          http://www.zoznamst.sk/eng/index.html using (at least) the first
          three letters of the family name and the area code 053.

          Ivan Antolik
          Májová 717
          053 04 Spisske Podhradie
          Slovakia