Villages

  • stephanie_arvay
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 9, 2004
      Hi!

      I am looking for information on the villages, Csoma and Balogfalu.
      Where are they located, and what are they called today.
      I found lots of Arvai`s there. Thanks to the LDS.
      Thank you, Stephanie
    • Bohdana Badzio
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 9, 2004
        Hello Stephanie,

        if you are looking within today's Slovakia, there is C~AMOVCE, one on
        whose historical names is CSOMA; and BLHOVCE, previously called
        BALOGFALU, among other variant names. Both are located in what used
        to be FELEDI district of GO~MO~R E~S KIS-HONT county in Hungary.

        C~AMOVCE now is in district LUC~ENEC, and BLHOVCE in district
        RIMAVSKA~ SOBOTA, both in kraj (province?) BANSKA BYSTRICA, Slovakia.

        You can easily locate these places on an on-line map by searching for
        them with ShtetlSeeker (the name of the town on the results page is a
        link to the map showing its location):

        Bohdana

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "stephanie_arvay"
        <stephanie_arvay@y...> wrote:
        > Hi!
        >
        > I am looking for information on the villages, Csoma and Balogfalu.
        > Where are they located, and what are they called today.
        > I found lots of Arvai`s there. Thanks to the LDS.
        > Thank you, Stephanie
      • stephanie_arvay
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 9, 2004
          Hello Bohdana

          Thank you for the information. This has really helped me.
          I did find one Arvai living in èamovace.My Dad said he will call her
          tomorrow morning, to see if there is any conection.
          Thanks again,
          Stephanie
        • Bob Pollak
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 3, 2011
            I am tracing my gg-grandmother, Anna PETRUSCSAK (PETRUSTSAK). The family showed up in Spisska Nova Ves about 1825. They came from Vlkovce (VILKOCZ) and Nemesany. These villages do not show up in Family Search. Does anyone know where these village records could be found? They probably are with another village.

            Thanks for any help

            Bob Pollak

          • Michael Mojher
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 3, 2011
              The 1995 Census gave this as the only spelling that comes close to yours. Small number, 48 listings in 15 locations.
              Priezvisko PETRUŠČÁK sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 48×, celkový počet lokalít: 15, v lokalitách

              Vlkovce sits surrounded by villages all under a population of 1000. Levoca is the nearest large town that a church in the village could be affiliated with.

              In the Spisska Nova Ves telephone directory there are these variations on your surname:
              Petruscak Petruszczak Petruszczak Petruscak Petruszczak Petruszczak Petruscak Petruszczak Petruszczak Petruscak Petruszczak Petruszczak Petruscak Petruszczak Petruszczak Petruscak Petruszczak Petruszczak Petruscak Petruszczak Petruszczak Petruscakova Petruszczakova Petruszczakova Petruscakova Petruszczakova Petruszczakova Petruscakova Petruszczakova Petruszczakova Petruscakova Petruszczakova Petruszczakova Petruscakova Petruszczakova Petruszczakova Petruscakova Petruszczakova Petruszczakova Petruscakova Petruszczakova Petruszczakova Petruscakova Petruszczakova Petruszczakova Petruska Petruszka Petruszka Petruska Petruszka Petruszka Petruska Petruszka Petruszka Petruskova Petruszkova Petruszkova Petruskova Petruszkova Petruszkova

              None of the above appear in Vlkovce or Nemesany.

              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 4, 2011
                Bob,

                The following was taken from FHL notes on Levoca. It seems strange that Vlkovce is not among the affiliated villages since it is only 3.5 km from Hradisko and literally at the end of the road.
                “Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages, deaths, mixed marriages, confirmations and military parish records for Levoča, Slovakia, formerly known as Lőcse, Szepes, Hungary. Text in Latin and Hungarian. Also includes affiliates Dlhé Stráže, Dvorce, Hradisko, Mečedelovce, Uloža, and Závada.”

                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 4, 2011
                  Bob,
                  I went to the Vlkovce website photogalerie. There was a picture of a trunk that was sent from the USA. The “post office” was in “Spiski Hrhov” / Spissky Hrhov. This might be a lead to where the Vlkovce parish was affiliated. The only listing on the FHL films for Spissky Hrhov is “affiliated town of Domaňovce”.
                  In the online Slovak records Vlkovce’s neighboring village, Hradisko is listed as a Greek Catholic village.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 4, 2011
                    Bob & Michael
                    Vlkovce was and is in the Kez~marok district. Its records are in the neighboring Kez`marok parish of Tvaroz~na, first village to the north of Vlkovce. These are not online yet but available in microfilm from FHS.

                    Spissky Hrhov and Domanovce are southeast of Levoca. Vlkovce is at some remove northwest of Levoca. The Hradisko that is Greek Catholic is the one Saris, not this one.

                    Curt B.

                    > Bob,
                    > I went to the Vlkovce website photogalerie. There was a picture of a trunk that was sent from the USA. The “post office” was in “Spiski Hrhov” / Spissky Hrhov. This might be a lead to where the Vlkovce parish was affiliated. The only listing on the FHL films for Spissky Hrhov is “affiliated town of Domaňovce”.
                    > In the online Slovak records Vlkovce’s neighboring village, Hradisko is listed as a Greek Catholic village.

                  • Janet Kozlay
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 5, 2011
                      The records for Nemesany are with those for Spisske Podhradie (Hungarian Szepeshely). Vilkocz is now Vlkovce (Hungarian Kiskunczfalva), and the records are on the same films.

                      Janet

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 5, 2011
                        Janet, have you seen the data for Vlkovce on the Spisske Podhradie films? The church in Vlkovce is affiliated with the church in Tvarnoza so I thought that the records for both churches would be on the same film.

                        Bob

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 6, 2011
                          Janet,
                          I just received an email from the director of the Levoca Archive stating that the Vlkovce records are on the film for Tvarozna. But thank you for your input.

                          My original email was sent in both English and Slovak. I translated the English to Slovak using Google Translate and cut and paste. The translation must have been OK. The reply was in Slovak and I used Google Translate to get the English reply.

                          Bob