[S-R] Re: 1869 Hungarian census

  • amiak27
    Message 1 of 34 , Aug 7 10:20 AM
      Wow, that is a shock to hear your business is so good up here, we
      only have 600,000 people of all kinds! Sadly we Rusyn & Slovaks
      obviously are very poorly connected. The last contact I had that had
      some hope was when a lot of the people who came to the opening of the
      Czech consulate in Anchorage turned out to be Slovak & Rusyn - to me
      a good sign that there is a feeling of unity among our peoples. That
      is three years ago perhaps, and I have seen one newsletter since
      then. But then I have not contributed in writing or in work.

      It is great to share on the internet.

      Ron

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Gregory J Kopchak" <greg@i...>
      wrote:
      > Ron:
      >
      > There are lots of Rusyns and Slovaks in Alaska, they are just not
      > well connected.
      >
      > We ship almost as much to Alaska as we do to Ohio and Pennsylvania.
      >
      > Greg Kopchak
      > It's All Relative
      >

      > >Thanks! Yes, I was not sure if anyone else was interested enough
      for
      > >me to put in the effort, but the translation was from poor English
      > >summary and correcting the scanner misreadings. I picked up the
      book
      > >in 1982 despite the communistic attitude toward customers.
      > >
      > >I wrote a Slovak list of four or five topics of interest before I
      > >walked into a bookstore & disrupted two clerks chatting with one
      > >another. They told me coldly that they had no books on history,
      > >architecture or the other topics I listed, and they did not look
      > >happy when I turned to the shelves instead of the door. I found
      four
      > >or five books of interest including this one, and treasure it. I
      am
      > >starting to wonder what to do with my collection of books with the
      > >next generation totally uninterested, and Alaska has no 'colony' of
      > >Slovaks-Rusyn peoples.
      > >
      > >Ron
      > >

      > >--- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, nhasior@a... wrote:
      > >

      > >>Ron,
      > >>thank you for one of the most interesting articles. you must have
      > >>

      > >spent a
      > >

      > >>great deal of time in translating this document. i have printed
      it

      > >out and will
      > >

      > >>save it for future reference and to share with some of my friends
      > >>

      > >who are
      > >

      > >>quite intested in historical views.
      > >>Noreen

      email to
      > Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Vladimir Bohinc
      Message 34 of 34 , Oct 12, 2006
        Trencin Census did not survive. Therefore it could not be filmed.
        Vladimir