[S-R] Re: 1869 Hungarian census

  • amiak27
    Message 1 of 34 , Aug 7, 2004
      Thanks! Yes, I was not sure if anyone else was interested enough for
      me to put in the effort, but the translation was from poor English
      summary and correcting the scanner misreadings. I picked up the book
      in 1982 despite the communistic attitude toward customers.

      I wrote a Slovak list of four or five topics of interest before I
      walked into a bookstore & disrupted two clerks chatting with one
      another. They told me coldly that they had no books on history,
      architecture or the other topics I listed, and they did not look
      happy when I turned to the shelves instead of the door. I found four
      or five books of interest including this one, and treasure it. I am
      starting to wonder what to do with my collection of books with the
      next generation totally uninterested, and Alaska has no 'colony' of
      Slovaks-Rusyn peoples.

      Ron

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, nhasior@a... wrote:
      > Ron,
      > thank you for one of the most interesting articles. you must have
      spent a
      > great deal of time in translating this document. i have printed it
      out and will
      > save it for future reference and to share with some of my friends
      who are
      > quite intested in historical views.
      > Noreen

    • Vladimir Bohinc
      Message 34 of 34 , Oct 12, 2006
        Trencin Census did not survive. Therefore it could not be filmed.
        Vladimir