Re: [S-R] 1869 Hungarian census

  • mlthrush
    Message 1 of 34 , Aug 6 4:58 PM
      Bill,

      Unfortunately I only have the copy of my family's census info. and
      not of the rest of the village. It is from Sucha Dolina in Saros
      county. I will need to order the film from the FHC to see the rest
      of the village which I now intend to do. I'd like to compare it also
      to see where my family stood in relation to the rest of the village.

      Mary Lou
      <bill.tarkulich@i...> wrote:
      > Mary Lou,
      >
      > On first glance, it seems like it may be a shorthand notation that
      > particular census taker made. I've not seen it in the several dozen
      upper
      > Hungary census I reviewed. I would suggest reviewing the entire
      village
      > census to see what patterns emerge. Do you see it used in every
      household?
      > Larger? Smaller? Other categories?
      >
      > Note that the census in a small village was usually conducted by a
      prominent
      > resident, such as a priest or mayor. What was the size of your
      village?
      > How many households? Where is your village located?

      > Bill Tarkulich

    • Vladimir Bohinc
      Message 34 of 34 , Oct 12, 2006
        Trencin Census did not survive. Therefore it could not be filmed.
        Vladimir