Re: KRISKO

  • sabinov@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 2 7:31 AM
      Hi Jackie,

      Your first step will be to get the appropriate death, marriage and birth
      information on family group sheets based on what you already know.

      Then go to your local Family History Center and order the microfilms of
      the 1920 US census for the location the family was, or order a soundex
      for the Krisko name for that state. (See the section on US Census on the
      Hints page if you don't know what that all means.) Work backwards in the
      census from there to find when they arrived, who was living with whom
      etc.

      The other helpful thing you can do is to use the online Social Security
      Death Index to find information such as birth and death dates on your
      people. I like that database better than the one available at the FHC
      because you can limit it to certain states or counties. You may find
      some good information that way.

      Hope this helps you.

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Maura Petzolt Mobile Alabama USA
      sabinov@...
      Helpful Hints for Successful Searching
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    • Dan Kisha
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 2 2:30 PM
        Jackie:

        It is definitely the side of the mountain.

        Yes, you should.

        Dan Kisha
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 2 3:06 PM
          There were Slovak families in Rockland County, NY and nearby by the name of
          Kurisko. Do you think that originally it was the same name? Regina Haring
          > Your first step will be to get the appropriate death, marriage and birth
          > information on family group sheets based on what you already know.
          >
          > Then go to your local Family History Center and order the microfilms of
          > the 1920 US census for the location the family was, or order a soundex
          > for the Krisko name for that state. (See the section on US Census on the
          > Hints page if you don't know what that all means.) Work backwards in the
          > census from there to find when they arrived, who was living with whom
          > etc.
          >
          > The other helpful thing you can do is to use the online Social Security
          > Death Index to find information such as birth and death dates on your
          > people. I like that database better than the one available at the FHC
          > because you can limit it to certain states or counties. You may find
          > some good information that way.
          >
          > Hope this helps you.
          >
          > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          > Maura Petzolt Mobile Alabama USA
          > sabinov@...
          > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          > With more than 20 million e-mails exchanged daily...
          > http://www.onelist.com
          > ...ONElist is home to the liveliest discussions on the Internet!

        • Dollins
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 4 5:30 PM
            Hello, all you KRISKO researchers. There seem to be several of us.

            If you want to compare your family with mine, check out this part of my web
            page: http://www.personal.psu.edu/axd2/JanPlacko.html

            All of my Kriskos are from Brezova pod Bradlom, Nitra.

            Anabeth Dollins
            axd2@...