Re: [S-R] Digest Number 1550

  • Joe Mrnka
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2004
      Hi all,

      my mom said that after WWII there where Kohns in Trenc^in,
      and they operated some small stores. They where said to be
      of Jewish descent.

      Joe

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • nhasior@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2004
        In a message dated 8/1/04 7:46:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jmrnka@...
        writes:
        my mom said that after WWII there where Kohns in Trenc^in,
        and they operated some small stores. They where said to be
        of Jewish descent.

        Joe
        Hi Joe,
        yes, the article said that Kerry's grandfather, Fritz Kohn was indeed Jewish.
        He married an Irish Catholic and so changed the name from Kohn to Kerry and
        became Catholic.
        Noreen