Re: [S-R] No messages

  • amiak27
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 1, 2004
      I skipped over your original message bacause you did not change the
      header and I am not interested in "No messages" - we do have quiet
      times. If you want to subscribe to S-W and have this message about
      200 character limit coming back, I remember it being because of the
      email program being set to "html' and not 'plain text'. So you will
      have to learn something about your computer program!

      Go into the email page to
      Tools, Options, Mail Format and put 'Plain Text' in your choice.
      Click "ok" and then try subscribing as you are instrcuted to.

      Ron

      Service.

    • Al Dubnicka
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 1, 2004
        Hi Noreen,

        Thanks for your help. Just received confirmation about my membership in
        Slovak-World.
        Thanks again,
        Al

        nhasior@... wrote:

        >Hello Kautika and Al,
        >this 200 word problem is a mystery. i will email Greg on the list and ask
        >him how you can solve the problem.
        >Noreen

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Janet McKinley
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 18, 2006
          The easiest way to double check postings is by going to the main website. Things have been pretty quiet.

          Janet
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 18, 2006
            There are not any. But my excuse is a violent windstorm and savage cold
            (hey, this is the Pacific Northwest). We dropped into the teens last night!
            First time in ten years. FEMA is expected momentarily. My power was out
            for a day and I could not find the top for my oil lamp, and the stores were
            out of Presto logs for my woodstove. Local shopping center closed down.
            Traffic lights out.

            Local residents are bearing up as well as can be expected under the
            circumstances. In truth, we got a bit less cold and a great deal more wind
            than anticipated -- one of the local ferry docks was destroyed.

            Now for a Slovak question. Where or how do we post photographs, assuming
            that this terrible crisis gives me a chance to take some digital photos of
            my three excellent linen hand-made embroidered Liptov blouses? If the
            electricity stays on, of course.

            >I haven't been getting any messages. Are there any or is my computer not
            > picking them up.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Al Dubnicka

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Joe Armata
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 18, 2006
              Slovak-Roots on the left, then Photos on the left, then
              click on the Add Photo button.

              Joe

              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 18, 2006
                GO HERE http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS
                Select the photos category from the left hand column. You can upload photos
                there, then announce them in an email message to the group.

                Bill

                >I haven't been getting any messages. Are there any or is my computer not
                > picking them up.
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Al Dubnicka

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • Marsha Duda Sumner
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 16, 2006
                  Joe,
                  I have not been receiving posts from S-R for more than a week.

                  My address has not changed and I know that the list has not been idle for
                  that long.

                  Can you check to be sure that I am still signed up for postings?

                  Marsha

                • Janet Kozlay
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 16, 2006
                    Marsha, your message came through just fine. I think everyone is just too
                    busy getting ready for Christmas right now. I'll bet things pick up
                    afterwards.

                    Janet

                    _____