Re: [S-R] No messages

  • bonjovi@wcoil.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 31, 2004
      Hi! I'm not Noreen, but I too have been wondering if I was the only one alive. When they want you to limit to 200 Characters- the box that you are to put your personal info- or request in they want you to be extremely brief in what you e-mail.- in other words, You have to count each letter, number, space, period etc- and the total can not be more than 200. Hope this helps Kautika
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 1, 2004
        Hello Kautika and Al,
        this 200 word problem is a mystery. i will email Greg on the list and ask
        him how you can solve the problem.
        Noreen

      • amiak27
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 1, 2004
          I skipped over your original message bacause you did not change the
          header and I am not interested in "No messages" - we do have quiet
          times. If you want to subscribe to S-W and have this message about
          200 character limit coming back, I remember it being because of the
          email program being set to "html' and not 'plain text'. So you will
          have to learn something about your computer program!

          Go into the email page to
          Tools, Options, Mail Format and put 'Plain Text' in your choice.
          Click "ok" and then try subscribing as you are instrcuted to.

          Ron

          Service.

        • Al Dubnicka
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 1, 2004
            Hi Noreen,

            Thanks for your help. Just received confirmation about my membership in
            Slovak-World.
            Thanks again,
            Al

            nhasior@... wrote:

            >Hello Kautika and Al,
            >this 200 word problem is a mystery. i will email Greg on the list and ask
            >him how you can solve the problem.
            >Noreen

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Janet McKinley
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 18, 2006
              The easiest way to double check postings is by going to the main website. Things have been pretty quiet.

              Janet
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 18, 2006
                There are not any. But my excuse is a violent windstorm and savage cold
                (hey, this is the Pacific Northwest). We dropped into the teens last night!
                First time in ten years. FEMA is expected momentarily. My power was out
                for a day and I could not find the top for my oil lamp, and the stores were
                out of Presto logs for my woodstove. Local shopping center closed down.
                Traffic lights out.

                Local residents are bearing up as well as can be expected under the
                circumstances. In truth, we got a bit less cold and a great deal more wind
                than anticipated -- one of the local ferry docks was destroyed.

                Now for a Slovak question. Where or how do we post photographs, assuming
                that this terrible crisis gives me a chance to take some digital photos of
                my three excellent linen hand-made embroidered Liptov blouses? If the
                electricity stays on, of course.

                >I haven't been getting any messages. Are there any or is my computer not
                > picking them up.
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Al Dubnicka

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Joe Armata
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 18, 2006
                  Slovak-Roots on the left, then Photos on the left, then
                  click on the Add Photo button.

                  Joe

                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 18, 2006
                    GO HERE http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS
                    Select the photos category from the left hand column. You can upload photos
                    there, then announce them in an email message to the group.

                    Bill

                    >I haven't been getting any messages. Are there any or is my computer not
                    > picking them up.
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    > Al Dubnicka

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    Yahoo! Groups Links
                  • Marsha Duda Sumner
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 16, 2006
                      Joe,
                      I have not been receiving posts from S-R for more than a week.

                      My address has not changed and I know that the list has not been idle for
                      that long.

                      Can you check to be sure that I am still signed up for postings?

                      Marsha

                    • Janet Kozlay
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 16, 2006
                        Marsha, your message came through just fine. I think everyone is just too
                        busy getting ready for Christmas right now. I'll bet things pick up
                        afterwards.

                        Janet

                        _____