[S-R] Re: Village: OROSZ VOLYA Surname: MITRO 1868 Hungarian Census

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 19 3:39 PM
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Caye Caswick <ccaswick@y...>
      wrote:

      > The heading of the document says . . . "1869 Hungarian
      > Census for Orosz Volya, Saros megye, Hungary"
      >
      > Caye
      >

      > --- Bohdana Badzio <bbadzio@l...> wrote:
      > > What part of Hungary was Orosz Volya in?
      > >
      > > Bohdana
      > >

      > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Caye Caswick
      > > <ccaswick@y...>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I ran across a .pdf of the 1868 Hungarian Census
      > > -- it
      > > > mentions my surname MITRO in the town Orosz Volya
      > > --
      > > > I've been to Shetlseeker -- but other than that,
      > > does
      > > > anyone have any info on the town Orosz Volya?
      > > Thanks!
      > > >

      > > > Caye

      Cayce,

      1869 Hungarian Census of Sáros megye.

      Orosz means Russian in Magyar.
      Rus, rusky' Russian in Slovak.
      Ruská (grammatical fem. gender)

      Orosz-Volya (H) 1863-1902 Oroszvolya after 1920 Ruská Vol'a (S^aris^)
      Orosz-Volya (H) 1927-1960 Ruská Vol'a now Ruská Vol'a nad Popradom
      (S^aris^) at Polish border on Poprad river.
      Orosz-Volova (H) later Oroszvolova and now Ruská Volová (Zemplín)

      Ruská Vol'a was a Carpatho-Rusyn village 1900-1921 in Zempli zupa.
      as was Ruská Vol'a nad Popradom in S^aris^ zupa.

      Frank K