The Top Ten Indicators That You're Addicted to Genealogy

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2004
      Tsk, tsk, tsk. Sneaking away during the party to do genealogy... signs of an addition ;)
      Which reminds me....

      The Top Ten Indicators That You're Addicted to Genealogy - by Mary Harris

      10. You introduce your daughter as your descendent.

      9. You've never met any of the people you send e-mail to, even though you're related.

      8. You can recite your lineage back 8 generations, but can't remember your nephew's name.

      7. You have more photographs of dead people than living ones.

      6. You've ever taken a tape recorder and/or notebook to a family reunion.

      5. You've not only read the latest GEDCOM standard, you understand it!

      4. The local genealogy society borrows books from you!

      3. The only film you've seen in the last year was the 1880 census index.

      2. More than half of your CD collection is made up of marriage records or pedigrees.

      1. Your elusive ancestor has been spotted in more different places than Elvis!