Re: [S-R] New Member: Researching Names Kredic(s) & Buros/Burosh; villages of STANKOVANY

  • Bruce Bagin
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 16, 2004
      When we were in Sedmerovec Slovakia we met Mikal Bagin, whose grandfather was the best m an at my grandfathers wedding in Milwaukee in 1912. Mikal had fouoght during WWII in Italy and was hospitalized for more than a year. Imagine standing int he lower carpathians speaking to a man, who had retained a picture sent to him from his grandfather in 1912 from Milwaukee wisconsin showing four workmen on a bench, withthe second from the right being my grandfather as a young man, speakinf to my Italian wife in perfect Italian with the rest of us standing dumbfounded.

      Our children are slovak-Italian catholic and are fond of telling tme that I'm not Italian.. Dreadful partisanship!!