Turcsan, Csollak, Pacholsky

  • caturchan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2004
      Hello...I'm new to this group. And do I ever need help! I do not
      speak or read a word of Slovak. We are looking for ancestors from
      Helcmanovce (Nagykunczfalva) Slovakia.

      Copy of Marriage Extract shows name as "Ystvan Turcsan", born May
      21,1870 (a Baptismal document for one of his sons shows name
      as "Stefan Turcsan".) Immigrated to USA abt. 1898 (based on
      Naturalization papers and length of time required to obtain
      citizenship.)

      Marta Csollak (Marta/Martha Chollak) born April 10, 1872. Do not
      have naturalization papers so do not know year of immigration. (Wife
      of Steve Turcsan)

      Copy of Marriage Extract shows name as "Jozsef Turcsan"
      (Jozef/Joseph), born Jan. 3, 1874. He is brother of Ystvan
      (Stefan/Steve).

      Marta Pacholsky (Marta/Martha Paholsky) born Jan. 1, 1874 in
      Hesmanosa Gelnista (Czechslovakia) Wife of Joseph and second wife of
      Steve.

      All are Greek Catholic and immigrated to Helvetia, Clearfield Co.,
      PA. Both men were coal miners. We believe there were at least two
      other brothers who came to US at or about same time as Steve &
      Joseph.

      If anyone has any information on these families, please contact me.

      Thank you.

      Carol Turchan (one anglicized version of name)