Bolczar / Bolcar relatives

  • robert_shive
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2004
      I am trying to "close the loop" on two siblings of my g-grandfather
      Anton Bolczar. Anton was born in 1866 in Gibely (now Zalesie),
      Szepes, Hungary. Among other siblings, he had sister Maria (born
      ~1864) and brother Tomas (born 1858). I am interested if anyone out
      there has any links to or information regarding these people. What I
      know already is below:

      Maria married Andas Jurkovsky in Gibely in 1889. The couple had son
      Joseph in 1891 (last births on church records are 1892). Andras
      seems to have made two trips to the U.S. between 1900 and 1906; but
      it is not clear whether Maria and/or children ever came. I have
      found no sign of them in the 1900, 1910, or 1920 census, although
      Andras' brother Janos apparently came to the U.S. Interestingly
      enough, a Google search on the name Jurkovsky gives many hits
      relating to Australia.

      Tomas Bolczar was confirmed in Gibely in 1877. After that, he
      completely disappears from the church records -- deaths, marriages,
      and births alike. There is no mention of him in relation to his
      mother's death in 1886, and the family house, which I guess would
      have gone to him as oldest son, was sold in about 1894. I have no
      idea whather he stayed in Hungary, came to the U.S., or what.

      I have a fair amount of information on Bolczar/Bolcar records from
      the Matiasovce/Gibely parish plus good access to the LDS tape of
      them.