RE: [S-R] Wedding Tradition

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2004
      I found the following for you:

      CZECHOSLOVAKIA: Rosemary wreaths, handmade by the mother or grandmother of
      the bride is a century old tradition for brides in the countryside. A
      variation of this today is seen as wreaths of baby's breath and miniature
      roses, worn as often by the attendants as the bride herself.

      POLAND
      Friends of the bride traditionally weave her a crown of rosemary leaves
      (symbolizing remembrance).

      Apparently an alternative custom in Slovakia is for the bridesmaids to
      prepare boutonnieres made of rosemary for the groom and other male
      attendants.

      Janet
    • Gregory J Kopchak
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2004