Re: [S-R] Rusyn history

  • Michele Baker
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
      Bill,
      Thank you. This one worked perfectly!
      Michele
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Bill Tarkulich
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 2:13 AM
      Subject: RE: [S-R] Rusyn history

      Michele,
      Perhaps your mail reader is messing with some of the characters. Here is an
      even smaller URL address for you to try:
      http://tinyurl.com/2drqb

      ______________
      Bill Tarkulich

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
        Janet,
        Bill's suggestion worked. I look forward to reading the material. Thanks
        for this great source!
        Michele

        it should, you can get to the book by going to "The Library" and then
        clicking on A-F. The author's name is Bendek.

        This Corvinus Library website is so full of interesting articles and books,
        I wish it provided some way to search for topics.

        Janet

        I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I am unable to access the site you
        mention in your posting. A message comes up that refers me here
        http://www.hungarian-history.hu/. I have searched several areas from this
        home page and found some fascinating history, but nothing specific to Rusyn
        history. Do you know the link or topic that would take me to Rusyn history.
        Thanks.
        Michele

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

      • Michele Baker
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
          Thanks for the caution.
          Michele

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 7, 2004
            By the way -- I've read about the first 30 pages (took a print-out with me on my 4th of July trip to Rochester this weekend) and cannot wait to read the rest -- this article is really great, thanks again, Janet!!!

            Caye

            Janet Kozlay <kozlay@...> wrote:

            Having noted that there are a significant number of listers who have Rusyn
            ancestry, I would like to draw your attention to the following detailed and
            very interesting history of that area and its people from its beginnings to
            modern times. The history, which is nearly 100 pages long, was published in
            2001 and is located at www.hungarian-history.hu/lib/rusyns/rusyns.pdf.

            Janet

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT