RE: [S-R] Rusyn history

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
      Michele, if Bill's suggestion (http://tinyurl.com/2drqb) doesn't work, and
      it should, you can get to the book by going to "The Library" and then
      clicking on A-F. The author's name is Bendek.

      This Corvinus Library website is so full of interesting articles and books,
      I wish it provided some way to search for topics.

      Janet

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
        One cautionary note. When Hungarians describe their history, they tend to
        downgrade the reality and dignity of Slovak nationalism.

        > it should, you can get to the book by going to "The Library" and then
        > clicking on A-F. The author's name is Bendek.
        >
        > This Corvinus Library website is so full of interesting articles and
        books,
        > I wish it provided some way to search for topics.
        >
        > Janet

      • Michele Baker
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
          Bill,
          Thank you. This one worked perfectly!
          Michele
          Perhaps your mail reader is messing with some of the characters. Here is an
          even smaller URL address for you to try:
          http://tinyurl.com/2drqb

          ______________
          Bill Tarkulich

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
            Janet,
            Bill's suggestion worked. I look forward to reading the material. Thanks
            for this great source!
            Michele

            I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I am unable to access the site you
            mention in your posting. A message comes up that refers me here
            http://www.hungarian-history.hu/. I have searched several areas from this
            home page and found some fascinating history, but nothing specific to Rusyn
            history. Do you know the link or topic that would take me to Rusyn history.
            Thanks.
            Michele

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            To visit your group on the web, go to:

          • Michele Baker
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
              Thanks for the caution.
              Michele

              One cautionary note. When Hungarians describe their history, they tend to
              downgrade the reality and dignity of Slovak nationalism.
            • Caye Caswick
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 7, 2004
                By the way -- I've read about the first 30 pages (took a print-out with me on my 4th of July trip to Rochester this weekend) and cannot wait to read the rest -- this article is really great, thanks again, Janet!!!

                Caye

                Janet Kozlay <kozlay@...> wrote:

                Having noted that there are a significant number of listers who have Rusyn
                ancestry, I would like to draw your attention to the following detailed and
                very interesting history of that area and its people from its beginnings to
                modern times. The history, which is nearly 100 pages long, was published in
                2001 and is located at www.hungarian-history.hu/lib/rusyns/rusyns.pdf.

                Janet

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT