Re: [S-R] Rusyn history

  • Michele Baker
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2004
      Janet,
      I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I am unable to access the site you mention in your posting. A message comes up that refers me here http://www.hungarian-history.hu/. I have searched several areas from this home page and found some fascinating history, but nothing specific to Rusyn history. Do you know the link or topic that would take me to Rusyn history. Thanks.
      Michele

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
        Michele,
        Perhaps your mail reader is messing with some of the characters. Here is an
        even smaller URL address for you to try:
        http://tinyurl.com/2drqb

        ______________
        Bill Tarkulich

        Having noted that there are a significant number of listers who have Rusyn
        ancestry, I would like to draw your attention to the following detailed
        and
        very interesting history of that area and its people from its beginnings
        modern times. The history, which is nearly 100 pages long, was published
        in
        2001 and is located at www.hungarian-history.hu/lib/rusyns/rusyns.pdf.

        Janet

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • nhasior@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
          Janet,
          Thanks for this great website. i read the first two pages and truthfully did
          consider not going to work to finish it. :O)
          Like Caye, this is earmarked for reading later on today.
          Noreen

        • Janet Kozlay
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
            Michele, if Bill's suggestion (http://tinyurl.com/2drqb) doesn't work, and
            it should, you can get to the book by going to "The Library" and then
            clicking on A-F. The author's name is Bendek.

            This Corvinus Library website is so full of interesting articles and books,
            I wish it provided some way to search for topics.

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
              One cautionary note. When Hungarians describe their history, they tend to
              downgrade the reality and dignity of Slovak nationalism.

              > it should, you can get to the book by going to "The Library" and then
              > clicking on A-F. The author's name is Bendek.
              >
              > This Corvinus Library website is so full of interesting articles and
              books,
              > I wish it provided some way to search for topics.
              >
              > Janet

            • Michele Baker
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
                Bill,
                Thank you. This one worked perfectly!

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
                  Janet,
                  Bill's suggestion worked. I look forward to reading the material. Thanks
                  for this great source!
                  Michele

                  I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I am unable to access the site you
                  mention in your posting. A message comes up that refers me here
                  http://www.hungarian-history.hu/. I have searched several areas from this
                  home page and found some fascinating history, but nothing specific to Rusyn
                  history. Do you know the link or topic that would take me to Rusyn history.
                  Thanks.
                  Michele

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                  To visit your group on the web, go to:

                • Michele Baker
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
                    Thanks for the caution.
                    Michele

                    One cautionary note. When Hungarians describe their history, they tend to
                    downgrade the reality and dignity of Slovak nationalism.
                  • Caye Caswick
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 7, 2004
                      By the way -- I've read about the first 30 pages (took a print-out with me on my 4th of July trip to Rochester this weekend) and cannot wait to read the rest -- this article is really great, thanks again, Janet!!!

                      Caye

                      Janet Kozlay <kozlay@...> wrote:

                      Having noted that there are a significant number of listers who have Rusyn
                      ancestry, I would like to draw your attention to the following detailed and
                      very interesting history of that area and its people from its beginnings to
                      modern times. The history, which is nearly 100 pages long, was published in
                      2001 and is located at www.hungarian-history.hu/lib/rusyns/rusyns.pdf.

                      Janet

                      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT