Re: [S-R] Rusyn history

  • Caye Caswick
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2004
      Thanks Janet! Can't wait to get some time and pour over this, looks quite interesting.

      Caye

      Janet Kozlay <kozlay@...> wrote:

      Having noted that there are a significant number of listers who have Rusyn
      ancestry, I would like to draw your attention to the following detailed and
      very interesting history of that area and its people from its beginnings to
      modern times. The history, which is nearly 100 pages long, was published in
      2001 and is located at www.hungarian-history.hu/lib/rusyns/rusyns.pdf.

      Janet

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • Michele Baker
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2004
        Janet,
        I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I am unable to access the site you mention in your posting. A message comes up that refers me here http://www.hungarian-history.hu/. I have searched several areas from this home page and found some fascinating history, but nothing specific to Rusyn history. Do you know the link or topic that would take me to Rusyn history. Thanks.
        Michele

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
          Michele,
          Perhaps your mail reader is messing with some of the characters. Here is an
          even smaller URL address for you to try:
          http://tinyurl.com/2drqb

          ______________
          Bill Tarkulich

          Having noted that there are a significant number of listers who have Rusyn
          ancestry, I would like to draw your attention to the following detailed
          and
          very interesting history of that area and its people from its beginnings
          modern times. The history, which is nearly 100 pages long, was published
          in
          2001 and is located at www.hungarian-history.hu/lib/rusyns/rusyns.pdf.

          Janet

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • nhasior@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
            Janet,
            Thanks for this great website. i read the first two pages and truthfully did
            consider not going to work to finish it. :O)
            Like Caye, this is earmarked for reading later on today.
            Noreen

          • Janet Kozlay
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
              Michele, if Bill's suggestion (http://tinyurl.com/2drqb) doesn't work, and
              it should, you can get to the book by going to "The Library" and then
              clicking on A-F. The author's name is Bendek.

              This Corvinus Library website is so full of interesting articles and books,
              I wish it provided some way to search for topics.

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
                One cautionary note. When Hungarians describe their history, they tend to
                downgrade the reality and dignity of Slovak nationalism.

                > it should, you can get to the book by going to "The Library" and then
                > clicking on A-F. The author's name is Bendek.
                >
                > This Corvinus Library website is so full of interesting articles and
                books,
                > I wish it provided some way to search for topics.
                >
                > Janet

              • Michele Baker
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
                  Bill,
                  Thank you. This one worked perfectly!

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
                    Janet,
                    Bill's suggestion worked. I look forward to reading the material. Thanks
                    for this great source!
                    Michele

                    I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I am unable to access the site you
                    mention in your posting. A message comes up that refers me here
                    http://www.hungarian-history.hu/. I have searched several areas from this
                    home page and found some fascinating history, but nothing specific to Rusyn
                    history. Do you know the link or topic that would take me to Rusyn history.
                    Thanks.
                    Michele

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    Yahoo! Groups Links