Re: Religion Help

  • Joe Mrnka
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2004
      Vladimir,

      please tell me more. There was a story passed down in my
      family on my dad's mother's side, that they were
      descendants from people fleeing religious persecution. The
      "Steinhubels" settled in the area of Modra. Is there any
      literature in Slovak or English that would give a more in
      depth account?
      Thank you so much for your always informative posts to the
      list.

      Joe

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • Frank
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2004
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Joe Mrnka <jmrnka@y...> wrote:
        > Vladimir,
        >
        > please tell me more. There was a story passed down in my
        > family on my dad's mother's side, that they were
        > descendants from people fleeing religious persecution. The
        > "Steinhubels" settled in the area of Modra. Is there any
        > literature in Slovak or English that would give a more in
        > depth account?
        > Thank you so much for your always informative posts to the
        > list.
        >
        > Joe

        Joe,

        There is also a town called Steinhübel, Kreis Neisse, located in
        Silesia, Germany. However it was a R.C. parish.

        Steinhübel (umlaut u) would be the German surname spelling meaning
        Stein = stone + affix hübel.

        http://www.iarelative.com /search/sea0599c.htm

        The Slovakia telephone directory lists 4 surnames under Modra in
        western Slovakia.
        2 spelled Steinhübel, 1 Steinhubel, and 1 S^teinhu"bel (Slovak version
        of German surname)
        And 1 Steinhübel listed under Pezinok.

        http://www.tourist-channel.sk/modra/indexen.html

        Frank K