Re: Census ?

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 24, 2004
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly Gyurkovits"
      <kgyurkovits@h...> wrote:
      > Can anyone tell me what country Kruzna(Koros) or Brzotin(Berzete)
      > was being ruled by, around the time of 1890,s, I would like to order
      > a Census film from the LDS church, but I do not know what country to
      > look under.I do not even know if there is a census film for that
      > area, it could be a earlier date than the 1890's.
      >
      > Kelly Gyurkovits

      Kelly,

      Didn't we go through this exercise earlier at S-R ?

      Kruzna/Koros was Krus^ovce formerly located in Nyitra megye,
      Hungary.

      Brzotín/Berzéthe was Brzotín formerly located in Gömör és Kis-Hont
      megye, Hungary.

      You look under Hungary - Census - 1869.
      LDS had filmed only 8 former megye located in Slovakia.

      LDS-Mormons filmed the 1869 census of Hungary, for the county
      Nyitra.
      Includes the areas now in the Slovakian okres of Bojnice, Dolné
      Obdokovce,Dolná Nitra, Horná Nitra, and Nové Mesto nad Váhom, Skalica. =

      Records of some of localities, though listed in the film notes, have
      not survived, and have been noted as such. Text in Hungarian with
      marginal translations into German and Slovakian.

      But LDS didn't film the 1869 census of Hungary for Gömör és Kis-Hont
      megye.

      Frank K