[S-R] Re: Uploaded Files - Info needed on them

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 17, 2004
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Paula" <hotrodkitty2000@y...>
      wrote:
      > ---Frank, would that mean then that Oravita was a mining town? That
      > would give me a little insight as to what my gr grandfather might
      > have done for a living.
      > Paula

      Paula,

      Orevica/Oreovica is located 150 miles SE of Belgrade (Beograd)
      Serbia.

      I had expected Oravicabánya (H), Oravica, Oravita, Oravicsa,
      Oravicza, Oravitza located 221 miles WNW of Bucharest in
      Romania.
      Oravita, the historic center of former Caras county, once a German
      mining community (Orawitz) near the coal-mining town of Anina and
      the Resita (Reschitza) iron-foundry (now the oldest steel producer in
      Romania), close by the border with Serbia.

      Frank K