Uploaded the Record book file....

  • Diane
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2004
      Hi again,

      Well, the third time was a charm....it finally uploaded. I now
      believe it is a record of Rosalia Gabner's birth. In the first
      column, it looks to me like her birth date, which is August 16,
      1844. I don't know what the word is after the date, but it looks
      something like 'napjan'....could that be the equivalent of our
      word 'natal'? Then the next word is Fehertemplom, so I'm thinking
      "born in Fehertemplom'.

      In the next column, it gives her name, Gabner, Rosalia, and 2 words
      beneath that, but not sure of them....perhaps Mal and then the next
      word eludes me.

      In the final column....I can't really read the words, other than
      Gabner and Reiss, which is what Rosalia's mother's maiden name
      was.....the Weiss was a typo, my informant tells me. And
      the last word is Fehertemplom again.

      Could someone translate this entry for me, please? I'd be ever
      so grateful!!!

      Thanks again,

      Diane