Re: [S-R] Re: Translation marriage record,thanks

  • r.j.news
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12 10:30 AM
      Thanks a lot Frank for your good work
      Richard
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Frank
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2004 12:04 AM
      Subject: [S-R] Re: Translation marriage record

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "r.j.news" <r.j.news@a...> wrote:

      > Can anybody help me with this text found in a marriage record from
      24.11.1846 and 18.1.1847 in Zakopcie,near the town CADCA in
      northwest-slovakia (mormon Film number 2068058):
      > the text is in Hungarian and found in the 2 headline right side
      named:
      > (before last headline:) A hirdetestöl vagy akadalytol folmentes,
      elbo esatas AND (last headline:) Eszrevetelek

      > And NOW THE TEXT I DONT KNOW:
      > A`völegeny haromszor kihirdetes utan az illetö Plebanostol
      elboesattaton

      > Thanks for any help
      > Richard from Austria

      Richard
      akada'ly = obstacles
      hirdetés = proclamation, banns

      (believe church banns had to be announced 3 times
      to check for any hinderances to marriage ?)

      elbo esatas (spelling ?)
      elbocsátás (n.)
      dismissal, discharge

      E'szrévetelek
      Comments

      a völegény
      the bridegroom

      háromszor = three times

      kihirdestes = proclamation

      vagy = or

      után = after

      az illetö
      the point in question (resolved)

      Plébánostol
      plébános = parish priest + suffix -tól meaning
      (from the) parish priest

      elboesat talon?
      elbocsát (v) to dismiss

      Probably notation by priest that meant the banns had been published as
      required by the church and no obstacles.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor