Re: [S-R] Lejskove, Czech-Slovakia

  • maze_r@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6 8:09 PM
      Also im looking for a village in slovakia so small you could count the houses :). yes thats the exact words used since its coming from a book and they had to be carefull on what information wa said. I have to think its near bratislava though because she refers to it alot as town X. Also the Daugters of the Most Holy Savior ring anybells?

      These is for a Branch of one of the families

      Kondrc. Im not sure if they grew up in the same area or not
      But from what I know there was a Micheal Kondrc who was married to a Maria Koricina (Koucina) one of those two spellings maybe. From a SS-5 form its says Brestovany

      Ok well thanks again
      -----

    • Frank
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 7 12:47 PM
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, <maze_r@h...> wrote:
        > Also im looking for a village in slovakia so small you could count
        the houses :). yes thats the exact words used since its coming from a
        book and they had to be carefull on what information wa said. I have
        to think its near bratislava though because she refers to it alot as
        town X. Also the Daugters of the Most Holy Savior ring anybells?

        > These is for a Branch of one of the families
        >
        > Kondrc. Im not sure if they grew up in the same area or not
        > But from what I know there was a Micheal Kondrc who was married to a
        Maria Koricina (Koucina) one of those two spellings maybe. From a
        SS-5 form its says Brestovany

        > Ok well thanks again

        The surname Kondrc came from Brestovany located 31 miles ENE of
        Bratislava and just east of Trvana and from Buc^any located just NE
        of Brestovany.

        The Slovakia telephone directory lists 2 surname Kondrc under Trvana.
        The surname Kuracina can also be from Brestovany.
        The directory lists 6 surnames Kuracina under Bratislava.

        Back in July 1998 I had researched surname Kuracina from Canada.
        There was a Lawrence (Texas) and David (his brother in Canada) and a
        Peter (in Canada)
        >From Predajná (Sk) Garampétri (H) and Jasenie (Sk) Jecenye (H) east
        of Banská Bystricia, Slovakia.

        One surname wrote had been told surname Kuracina meant 'chicken soup'.
        Surname is derived from root word kura/kurc^a meaning chicken, hen.
        In Slovak 'chicken soup' is slepac^ia polievka.)

        Although my surname is similar there is no connection.

        Don't believe they were related to the Endicott, NY surnames
        Kuracina.
        The former surnames emigrated from Bratislava to Canada 1910-1919.
        Believe that they never received a reply from any Kuracina in New York
        State.
        A Dr. Elaine Kuracina and a another Kuracina who was a lawyer ?

        Frank K
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 7 5:14 PM
          Nothing by the exact spelling you mentioned, "Lejskove"
          However, you may consider:

          In Slovakia: presentp-day LIESKOVEC, SLOVAKIA, near Zvolen
          In 1910:
          Leskowec, Trencin - formerly Vagmogyorod, pop. 349 (probably about 70-100
          houses. who's counting?)
          Leskowec, Trencin Ujhelymogyorod, pop. 850

          ______________
          Bill Tarkulich

          > Also im looking for a village in slovakia so small you could count
          the houses :). yes thats the exact words used since its coming from a
          book and they had to be carefull on what information wa said. I have
          to think its near bratislava though because she refers to it alot as
          town X. Also the Daugters of the Most Holy Savior ring anybells?

          > These is for a Branch of one of the families
          >
          > Kondrc. Im not sure if they grew up in the same area or not But from
          > what I know there was a Micheal Kondrc who was married to a
          Maria Koricina (Koucina) one of those two spellings maybe. From a
          SS-5 form its says Brestovany

          > Ok well thanks again

          The surname Kondrc came from Brestovany located 31 miles ENE of Bratislava
          and just east of Trvana and from Buc^any located just NE of Brestovany.

          The Slovakia telephone directory lists 2 surname Kondrc under Trvana. The
          surname Kuracina can also be from Brestovany. The directory lists 6 surnames
          Kuracina under Bratislava.

          Back in July 1998 I had researched surname Kuracina from Canada. There was a
          Lawrence (Texas) and David (his brother in Canada) and a Peter (in Canada)
          >From Predajná (Sk) Garampétri (H) and Jasenie (Sk) Jecenye (H) east
          of Banská Bystricia, Slovakia.

          One surname wrote had been told surname Kuracina meant 'chicken soup'.
          Surname is derived from root word kura/kurc^a meaning chicken, hen.
          In Slovak 'chicken soup' is slepac^ia polievka.)

          Although my surname is similar there is no connection.

          Don't believe they were related to the Endicott, NY surnames
          Kuracina.
          The former surnames emigrated from Bratislava to Canada 1910-1919.
          Believe that they never received a reply from any Kuracina in New York
          State.
          A Dr. Elaine Kuracina and a another Kuracina who was a lawyer ?

          Frank K

          Yahoo! Groups Links