Re: [S-R] Lejskove, Czech-Slovakia

  • maze_r@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6, 2004
      Looking for info on the place called Lejskove, Czechoslovakia as written in my great grandmothers SS-5 form. My GGrandmother was born 1890 if that matters in this at all.

      Also names from that area might include Benjak and Lisciski.

    • maze_r@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2004
        Also im looking for a village in slovakia so small you could count the houses :). yes thats the exact words used since its coming from a book and they had to be carefull on what information wa said. I have to think its near bratislava though because she refers to it alot as town X. Also the Daugters of the Most Holy Savior ring anybells?

        These is for a Branch of one of the families

        Kondrc. Im not sure if they grew up in the same area or not
        But from what I know there was a Micheal Kondrc who was married to a Maria Koricina (Koucina) one of those two spellings maybe. From a SS-5 form its says Brestovany

        Ok well thanks again
        -----

      • Frank
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 7, 2004
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, <maze_r@h...> wrote:
          > Also im looking for a village in slovakia so small you could count
          the houses :). yes thats the exact words used since its coming from a
          book and they had to be carefull on what information wa said. I have
          to think its near bratislava though because she refers to it alot as
          town X. Also the Daugters of the Most Holy Savior ring anybells?

          > These is for a Branch of one of the families
          >
          > Kondrc. Im not sure if they grew up in the same area or not
          > But from what I know there was a Micheal Kondrc who was married to a
          Maria Koricina (Koucina) one of those two spellings maybe. From a
          SS-5 form its says Brestovany

          > Ok well thanks again

          The surname Kondrc came from Brestovany located 31 miles ENE of
          Bratislava and just east of Trvana and from Buc^any located just NE
          of Brestovany.

          The Slovakia telephone directory lists 2 surname Kondrc under Trvana.
          The surname Kuracina can also be from Brestovany.
          The directory lists 6 surnames Kuracina under Bratislava.

          Back in July 1998 I had researched surname Kuracina from Canada.
          There was a Lawrence (Texas) and David (his brother in Canada) and a
          Peter (in Canada)
          >From Predajná (Sk) Garampétri (H) and Jasenie (Sk) Jecenye (H) east
          of Banská Bystricia, Slovakia.

          One surname wrote had been told surname Kuracina meant 'chicken soup'.
          Surname is derived from root word kura/kurc^a meaning chicken, hen.
          In Slovak 'chicken soup' is slepac^ia polievka.)

          Although my surname is similar there is no connection.

          Don't believe they were related to the Endicott, NY surnames
          Kuracina.
          The former surnames emigrated from Bratislava to Canada 1910-1919.
          Believe that they never received a reply from any Kuracina in New York
          State.
          A Dr. Elaine Kuracina and a another Kuracina who was a lawyer ?

          Frank K
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 7, 2004
            Nothing by the exact spelling you mentioned, "Lejskove"
            However, you may consider:

            In Slovakia: presentp-day LIESKOVEC, SLOVAKIA, near Zvolen
            In 1910:
            Leskowec, Trencin - formerly Vagmogyorod, pop. 349 (probably about 70-100
            houses. who's counting?)
            Leskowec, Trencin Ujhelymogyorod, pop. 850

            ______________
            Bill Tarkulich

            > Also im looking for a village in slovakia so small you could count
            the houses :). yes thats the exact words used since its coming from a
            book and they had to be carefull on what information wa said. I have
            to think its near bratislava though because she refers to it alot as
            town X. Also the Daugters of the Most Holy Savior ring anybells?

            > These is for a Branch of one of the families
            >
            > Kondrc. Im not sure if they grew up in the same area or not But from
            > what I know there was a Micheal Kondrc who was married to a
            Maria Koricina (Koucina) one of those two spellings maybe. From a
            SS-5 form its says Brestovany

            > Ok well thanks again

            The surname Kondrc came from Brestovany located 31 miles ENE of Bratislava
            and just east of Trvana and from Buc^any located just NE of Brestovany.

            The Slovakia telephone directory lists 2 surname Kondrc under Trvana. The
            surname Kuracina can also be from Brestovany. The directory lists 6 surnames
            Kuracina under Bratislava.

            Back in July 1998 I had researched surname Kuracina from Canada. There was a
            Lawrence (Texas) and David (his brother in Canada) and a Peter (in Canada)
            >From Predajná (Sk) Garampétri (H) and Jasenie (Sk) Jecenye (H) east
            of Banská Bystricia, Slovakia.

            One surname wrote had been told surname Kuracina meant 'chicken soup'.
            Surname is derived from root word kura/kurc^a meaning chicken, hen.
            In Slovak 'chicken soup' is slepac^ia polievka.)

            Although my surname is similar there is no connection.

            Don't believe they were related to the Endicott, NY surnames
            Kuracina.
            The former surnames emigrated from Bratislava to Canada 1910-1919.
            Believe that they never received a reply from any Kuracina in New York
            State.
            A Dr. Elaine Kuracina and a another Kuracina who was a lawyer ?

            Frank K

            Yahoo! Groups Links