Re: [S-R] help with names

  • John M,
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 2, 2004
      At 01:42 PM 6/2/2004 -0700, you wrote:
      >thank-you for getting back to me. recently my mother
      >who has dementia said her uncles name was yacope this
      >is im sure not how its spelled but how she pronounced
      >it. i was thinking it meant jacob. she also told me
      >her mother, magdalena, was called lenie does that
      >sound right? again thanks for the info you already
      >gave me. jeanann

      http://www.rootsweb.com/~scoconee/names3.pdf

      I'm not certain if anyone has posted the above URL. It is a PDF file that
      gives the given name equivalents in several languages.

      John M
    • Jeanann Jameson
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 2, 2004
        thank-you very much it has helped alot. jeanannn

        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 2, 2004
          frank thank-you you folks get back to people right
          away with answeres your a great help jeanann

          http://messenger.yahoo.com/
        • Jeanann Jameson
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 2, 2004
            susan i just got this web address that has a english
            name and its translation for a bunch of countries,
            german, slovac, hungarian and others it is
            www.rootsweb.com/~scoconee/names3.pdf. some great
            stuff here. jeanann
            --- Susan Norton <nortoncrew@...> wrote:
            > Can you tell me how to say joseph, anna and steve?
            > Thanks!Susan

            http://messenger.yahoo.com/
          • John M,
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 3, 2004
              At 11:30 PM 6/2/2004 -0700, you wrote:
              >susan i just got this web address that has a english
              >name and its translation for a bunch of countries,
              >german, slovac, hungarian and others it is
              >www.rootsweb.com/~scoconee/names3.pdf. some great
              >stuff here. jeanann

              For those who may be unaware of this, there is an icon of a floppy disk
              near the upper left on the Adobe Reader tool bar. You can save a copy of
              the given names .pdf file to your hard disk or floppy, etc. by clicking on
              the floppy disk icon and then selecting the storage location.

              John M