Re: [S-R] Etiquette when visiting

  • Zuzana
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
      I couldn't agree with you more. i always bring something that lasts...and i only go and see my parents and friends... :) but you are exactly right and i think i misunderstood you. sorry :)

      zuzana

      Maureen <maureen@...> wrote:
      Hi Zuzana & Tim,
      I was certainly not suggesting that alcohol would be a problem! Just looking at options. For instance, my experience in my grandmother's native village is that the adults get great pleasure when I bring something for the children. I try to find things that do not require batteries, which may or may not be readily available.

      I think a bottle of wine as a contribution to the dinner table is almost universally well received. And, I would be inclined to also take something that would last for a while as a remembrance of the visit. Last trip I took photo calendars from Florida (because I live here) for each of the households. I also took photos of our family in America for them to keep.

      My family seems to really appreciate anything that I have carried to them all the way from home.

      Maureen
      www.deefalt.com