Re: [S-R] Hello from a new member

  • capnkirk_93591
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2004
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, nhasior@a... wrote:
      > In a message dated 5/31/04 12:35:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      > capnkirk_93591@y... writes:
      >
      > > My mother
      > > was born in Sacramento and I have her birth records
      >
      > but do you have her Baptism records?? this is the magic bullet.
      believe me.
      > Your dad being in a non religious family probably was not baptized
      right?
      > BUT, he did marry your mom and were they married in a church?

      Contacted Catholic church in Sacramento and determined where the
      records would be for circa 1929. Had search done, no record of
      baptism for any Kakaras. Parents were married in Los Vegas civilly.
      Mother never was a practicing Catholic. Checked out Catholic church
      because my mother remembers nuns coming by with assistance.