Status of FHL Slovakia films, 6/1/04

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2004
      Hi Folks,

      Once a year I query the Mormon's Family History Library in Salt Lake
      City to inquire what is new in the Slovakia catalog in the past 12
      months. As of June 1st, there are 85 new village church records being
      added to the catalog and 14 record updates. All these records are from
      Central Slovakia, held by the Banska Bystrica archives.

      No new census data. Highlights shown below. I'll enumerate the list
      of villages in a few days when they give me the green flag, since the
      info in preliminary, still being cross-checked.

      Enjoy,

      Bill

      Preliminary Slovak Republic Record Report, Family History Library for
      the period May, 2003-May, 2004.

      as of 1 June 04

      Bill Tarkulich

      - 99 new or changed records

      - 98 church records, 1 military record

      - 85 church records added from Banska Bystrica Archive.

      o Includes villages with present-day names with beginning letter
      "D" through "L"

      o Roman Catholic, Evangelical, Reformed, Jewish

      - 13 church records modified from archives at: Levoca(11),
      Presov(1) and Nitra(1)

      - Record adds have not been added to catalog and are not yet
      orderable.

      - Record adds were done between February and May 2004 only.