glass pitcher

    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2004
      Hi Folks.
      Received an interesting inquiry today. Anyone care to comment?
      Message received:
      "I have a glass pitcher from my grandmother that she bought at a farm sale
      sometime in the 1920's in Eastern Colorado. My family is very curious as to
      the origins of this pitcher. My fatrher, who died recently, only knew the
      above information. My grandmother treasured it for its beauty, she was a
      very poor woman and this was one of the few items she possesed simply for
      asthetic reasons. My late mother also loved it. It is identified in the
      bottom in cursive writing, hand painted, as only "czcchuslovia". I have
      asked a number of elderly immigrants of various ethnic groups from
      Czechoslovakia (as it was formerly known) and none of them are familiar with
      this spelling. Can you give me any information as to the dates and/or the
      etnic groups that may have used this spelling?"

    • Paula
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2004
        ---Bill, does this person have a photo of the piece? I belong to the
        Fenton art glass group and they have quite a few knowledgible people
        on there that might be able to help.
        paula