RE: [S-R] Hello from a new member

    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2004
      Kirk,
      Yes, we all got many evasive answers.
      So let's continue cataloging what you know. It can provide important clues
      1. Greatgrandparents names. - given and surnames
      2. Did they ever naturalize?

      Draw up a chronology.
      Please provide (or an approximation) of:

      3. year of birth (date of death minus age)
      4. year of immigration
      5. Where did they marry - states or in Europe?
      6. Where were the children born? given names? What years?
      7. What kind of work did you GGF do?

      Have you read http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/ancestral_village.htm ? Which
      of these steps have you conducted?
      It sounds like you may not have looked into:
      - immigration files / ship manifests
      - consulted the Family History Library? They have RC church records for
      Presov. http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/fhl_resources.htm

      Once you provide this info, we can guide you into more specific directions?
      Bill Tarkulich