Re: [S-R] Digest Number 1486

  • John M,
    Message 1 of 2 , May 23 10:22 PM
      At 04:00 PM 5/23/2004 +0200, you wrote:
      >John M. wrote:
      >
      > >It appears that both the northeast and northwest areas of Slovakia also
      > >favored Mec^iar for president. Are these rural areas?
      > >
      >The 2004 Slovak presidential elections are an example of total failure
      >of all pools. It was not expected, that there wil be no right oriented
      >candidate in the second round. There was no Hungarian candidate at all,
      >therefore the Hungarian minority practically ignored the elections.

      Thank you Peter,

      It would seem that the Hungarian minority might then seek the most
      favorable candidate or at least the lesser of two evils, as they see it,
      rather than ignore the election.

      http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Trail/1037/samorin/samorin.html

      I find your Samorin pages interesting. It looks like a very nice town and
      it is close to the Danube. Do you commute by auto on highway 63, bus or
      railway?

      John M