Re: [S-R] Searching for Records

  • WHew536674@cs.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2004
      In a message dated 5/11/2004 1:08:42 PM Central Standard Time,
      stephanie_arvay@... writes:
      > The R.C Parish in Sivetice is no longer there. We do not know were the
      > records have been moved to.
      > Waiting to hear back from Roznava archives. This is a dumb question but,
      > Do you think if I ordered the film for Sivetice, Licince might be in there?

      Hi Stephanie,

      I have been following your thread. Having looked at church films, at the
      beginning of the film it mentions the archive that it came from, and when it was
      filmed by LDS. I really don't think it matters if a church is there today or
      not. Even if it were the chances of it having the birth, marriage and death
      records would be slim to none. These old records have been turned over to the
      archives.

      If I were you I would definitely order the film from Sivetice. Didn't Frank
      mention that? I deleted his e-mail and now I can't find it in old mail or
      deleted mail. Anyway, all you have to loose is $3.25. I have viewed films that have
      may have 6 or 7 other villages listed in them. The other villages were not
      mentioned in the "film notes" in doing a "place search" on the LDS web site.
      What I don't understand, is why they would have the earlier years in the films
      from Licince, and 1860 - 1889 in the films from Sivetice. What did Sylvia say
      about the missing years?

      I also don't understand why LDS would film the records for Licince and stop
      at 1859 if the records were there up to 1889. Maybe the records for those years
      are not in the archives having been lost, or otherwise. But then again I do
      believe they kept more than one copy.

      I ran into a problem but with older dates. The records for the RC church in
      Jelsava went from 1676 - 1889. When I got to 1720 - 1705 no records! Then they
      picked up again from 1704 - 1676. I just figured they were lost or destroyed
      records, but that was long before 1860 - 1889. Keep me posted.

      Joyce