      From: EMSCRS@... [mailto:EMSCRS@...]
      Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2004 7:58 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Words of Encouragement for those who hit the "Brick Wall"

      Jackie

      I would suggest that you try to find the Declaration of Intent, filed in the

      county courthouse of residence at the time of application for citizenship.
      It
      frequently contains a great deal of useful information. Do you know what
      year they came? That can have a great bearing on where the ship information

      might be found. If they are on the 1920 census, the year of immigration
      should be
      listed, as well as whether or not they have become citizens. Sometimes, the

      Declarations of Intent are also contained in the State Archives. If you can

      provide some more specific information, such as full names, ages, place of
      residence, etc, I would be happy to poke around some.

      Elizabeth

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic