9141Re: [S-R] new to list

  • Werdna Rebaw
    Jan 29, 2004
      Hey Bill,

      Oh no my name is Andrew Waber lol. I use the reverse of my name just
      for kicks lol. I believe I've seen your name somewhere... are you a
      member of the Slovak-L rootsweb mail list? I am on there under my
      other email brainiac1082. Well me and my aunt we've pretty much
      located the towns... the Dvorskys come from Fricovce (commonly
      misspelled as "Frics" in some of the ship lists) and Harnises and
      Pekarciks come from Dvorce (Spisska Zupa) near Presov and Levoca.

      --Andrew

      <bill.tarkulich@i...> wrote:
      > Hi Werdna,
      > Welcome to the list. Don't be slighted by silence. It happens
      when no one
      > has anything to offer. Most family searches are more sucessful by
      keying
      > off of the ancestral village, since the same surname can show up
      in other
      > villages entirely related and b) archival records are organized
      > geographically.
      >
      > How much information have you gathered thus far?

      > Bill Tarkulich
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic