8834Re: [S-R] terms for family members

  • yawho2001
    Dec 4, 2003
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "MAMallon" <mamallon@a...> wrote:
      > I call all my Slovak Aunts by what I know as an endearing term for
      an
      > aunt...... "Tetka".

      We used the term "tsetka" for aunt. I uploaded a file to the Slovak
      Roots file section that contains many of the common terms used in
      research reports including family titles. Look for the file GLOS-
      SK.htm. Some of the other terms are: uncle = stry'ko(ujko in Rusyn),
      father-in-law = svokor, brother-in-law = s^vagor, etc. I believe
      Frank from this list may have originated the list.

      John M.
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic