8186Re: [S-R] Brezlow?

  • Nick Holcz
    Sep 1, 2003
      At 02:54 PM 1/09/2003 +0000, you wrote:
      >ahoj Nick,
      >
      >My theory of the location of Brezlow ? is different.
      >
      >In 1923, a Sidi Hirsch, age 28, married, Hebrew, emigrated to
      >her husband's (Benjamin Hirsch) address : 416 E. 3rd Street NYC.
      >Her Last Residence was Wien (Vienna), Austria.
      >In Yiddish Sarah is Sore , so perhaps Sidi was named Sadie ?
      >Her birthplace was Brezlow ?, Czechoslovakia .
      >There was no country called Czechoslovakia until the WW I Hungarian
      >peace treaty in 1920.
      >In Upper Hungary (Slovakia) R.C. parish churches kept the Jewish
      >records.

      She didn't convert to Judaism the family was Jewish , My father was born in
      Nove Mesto nad Vahom . I have a birth place of Velke Polo for my uncle and
      on his immigration papers ( to Australia) it says The village of Pole and
      then Uherce , Topolcany . Does that help?

      As you say there was no Czechoslovakia when any of my father's family was
      born, but papers produced after 1920 say Czechoslovakia , my father told
      me they were Slovak, there are relatives of my aunty's living in Nove Mesto
      NV. I have got some limited information from them but like Oliver Twist I
      want more.

      I'll see if the FHC has films for B√°novce nad Bebravou.

      Thanks for your help.
      Nick
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic