7817Re: [S-R] new

  • Paul Yurtinus
    Aug 1, 2003
      Jeanann,

      Golly, it would be so much easier if you knew the Village name from which your ancestors came.
      There are people on this site that have access to maps from old Austria-Hungary which could help.
      I'll check some of the records available - get back to the forum.

      Paul

      Jeanann Jameson <jjeanann2000@...> wrote:
      hi i am jeanann and i'm new to this list. i am looking
      for information about my great gradparents, froney
      stranc married to stephan yellenburger(last name
      spelled by how my mother said it) and any information
      about my grandfather andres rak. i have been told they
      are from austria, hungary chez., poland, yugoslavia.
      at this point i don't no. i have checked ellis island,
      ancestry.com and genealogy there is no record of any
      of these people. some of the towns my mother has
      mentiond are lacarak,mikitovich,macvanska, and hesse.
      if anyone no's of these people or towns maybe you can
      help or direct me in the right direction. thanks for
      letting me be part of your group. jeanann