7387LOKOTO,LOKATOSH

  • roberta kostka
    Jun 11, 2003
      Hi - I am new to this so please bear with me. We have an ancestor who has been very elusive. CHARLES LAKATOS was the name he used in the United States most of the time. We also have for a first name VASIL, VASILY, WASELY, and WASEL. For last name we have even more options. LOKOTO, LOKATOSH, LOKOTOC,LOKOTOSH, AND LOKATOSH.

      He was supposedly born in Leskovitza or Deskovitza, Austria Hungary or as he put on his passport, Czecho Slovakia. We also have two different birthdates, 5-29-1887 and 2-7-1886.

      He apparently came to the United States via Halifax, Novia Scotia around 1903. I am trying to find passenger lists.

      He was married to a ANNA RADOCOVSKY and a MARTHA DESKO. Martha was supposedly his third cousin from Czechoslovakia who came over to Minnesota to marry him. Martha's mother's maiden name was Yencho. I have no information on Anna. Anything would be nice.

      I am looking for the location of this tow.n, Leskovitza or Deskovitza We were told it is in the area of the Carpathian Mountains, but can't find it on any map.

      I am also looking for any help in placing him or his wives in the Czech. area, along with any family members there or who he was related to.

      I know this is alot and if this is to messy to read, I am sorry. I am just at a lose for where to look next.