7343Hungarian town location?

  • Mary Johnson
    Jun 1, 2003
      Hi, could use some help. on the www.ellisisland.org site, my grandmother and
      5 of her children (my mother included) returned from a trip to Hungary where they had
      visited relatives. Her name was Hrubi, Maria arriving 23 May 1900 and the passenger
      record listed the place of residence as MARTUSTALU in Hungary. I have scoured old
      maps and have not had any luck finding it. My cousin said it is near what was
      called Nagybecskerek now known as Zrenjanin. Any help greatly appreciated.
      Thank you, Maryhelen Johnson