      From: John M,
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2003 6:43 PM
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Maczko, Macko, Orendas

      At 09:34 PM 2/8/2003 +0000, you wrote:
      >I am looking for information regarding John Emil Maczko born approx
      >1881-d approx 1951 somewhere in Slovakia married Mary Orendas b.
      >approx 1880 d 1934.

      I noticed there were a few Orendas in the EIDB from Szecspolyanka, which is
      now Sec^ovska Polianka in Eastern Slovakia. When I searched the directory
      for using Ore for the surname and Sec for the town I came up with two
      Orendas in Sec^ovska Polianka and one in Sec^ovce. Doing a search on Mac
      and Sec, I came up with five Macko in Sec^ovce and none in Sec^ovska
      Polianka. I found a Jan Macko in Dvorianky about four miles south of
      Sec^ovska Polianka. Sec^ovska Polianka is about 10 miles NNE from
      Sec^ovce. The fact that John had a middle name would indicate that he was
      probably Roman Catholic. Greek Catholics are baptized and confirmed at the
      same time and normally do not have a middle name. My father's name was
      Maczko when he emigrated and it was Anglicized to Matsko early on.

      John M.