6658Jewish records - thoughts please

  • mpetzolt2@webtv.net
    Dec 1, 2002
      Many of you know I am studying the records in Sabinov, where my family
      is intermarried seemingly to most of the town via Catholic records, and
      now am finding them married in the Protestant records.

      Eventually I would like to do a definitive genealogy study on the
      families in this town, and the thought crossed my mind that maybe, some
      of the people I can't find in the Catholic and Protestant records may
      have married into the Jewish faith? There are only 2 films for Jewish
      records in Sabinov.

      I know this is just going for guesses for people, but has anyone found
      their families intermarrying into all faiths when they stay in one town
      for hundreds of years? Is it worth taking a look at the records?

      Any thoughts appreciated,

      Maura

      Maura Petzolt mpetzolt2@...
      SHAMROCK ROOTS homepage